RXM rule with queries | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Pharmacy » PHA
Deleted user
Deleted user Mar 21 '17
2017-03-21 17:40:34
We want to require a provider when converting a proton pump inhibitor from home to an inpatient order to document the indication. We have admin criteria that accomplishes this, but unfortunately it doesn't fire when converting these to an inpatient order during med rec. Has anyone been able to attach a query to an RXM rule with multiple required responses and if so, how did were you able to do it?
Thanks,
Charlie
Charles Downs Pharm.D.
Informatics Pharmacist
Trivergent Health Alliance
1116 Medical Campus Road
Hagerstown, MD, 21742
Office: 301-790-8904
Fax: 301-790-9229
charles.downs@trivergenthealth.com
[cid:image002.jpg@01D0F21A.B195CB40]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying data files is confidential and is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee or you otherwise have received this message in error, you are not authorized to read, print, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete all copies of this message. Receipt by anyone other than the named addressee is not a waiver of any attorney-client work product or other applicable privilege.
Mar 22 '17
2017-03-22 22:27:47
We do something like this. A POM rule in PHA on the DRUG that CFA maps to does trigger in POM for us. We canned the workflow and didn't go live with it though. I think I had it working so the POM rule override comment was pulled to the pharmacist when they tried to verify so they could see what option was picked.
--Andrew
On Mar 22, 2017, at 6:11 PM, Chuck Bedel <cbedel@drfirst.com<mailto:cbedel@drfirst.com>> wrote:

Charlie,

Would it be an RXM rule? At least in C/S RXM rules can only fire/evaluate at MED, DOSE, FILE, RENEW, and CONVERT (which is going from IP to new script).

To fire when going from home to IP, wouldn't the rule have to be attached as a POM rule (if on C/S) or whatever is equivalent to that in MAGIC? In 6 it would have to be an OM rule I would imagine.

Maybe I'm thinking about this incorrectly.

Chuck